Show My Homework (Satchel One)
Show My Homework is the main platform where we set homework. Students can send messages to teachers, submit homework online, complete quizzes and mark off their set tasks on their to-do list.
It is important to note that the username is NOT the student's email address. The username is the first part of the student's email address. For example if the student's email address is email@example.com, the Show My Homework username would be jbloggs22.
Passwords are linked for Show My Homework and Office.com.
You will not be able to reset the password from the Satchel One app or website.To reset a Show My Homework/Office password from home, do the following:
- Visit https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
- Type in the student's email address
- This will then send a code to the method you selected when you set up the student's Office.com account for the first time. For some parents/students this will be Microsoft Authenticator, for others it will be a code sent to a mobile phone or email address.
- Create a strong password. It must be at least 8 characters long, with two numbers, a capital letter and a symbol. You cannot use any part of the school's name, student's name or common words such as 'password'.
If you do not receive a code for a password reset, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guide for creating strong passwords
If you are stuck with creating a strong password, please read this guide which helps explain how to create a strong, memorable password.
More information for parents
Guide to linking additional students to your parent account
Guide to setting up Show My Homework as a parent
Please email email@example.com if you have not received a parent account code.
- Incorrect username - please ensure that you are not using the email address. firstname.lastname@example.org would be incorrect. jbloggs22 would be correct.
- If quizzes are only displaying the first question or won't let a submission be made, it is likely that you are logged in to the parent account. Please log out of the account, clear the cache and log back in with the student's school account.
- Errors when trying to view a page - please clear the cache following this guide and try signing in again (please note the guide opens in a new window)
- Incorrect password - please use the same password that is used to sign in to the school computers and Office.com. Passwords are case sensitive - for example if your password is Password01 then you cannot sign in if you type password01. You cannot reset passwords from Show My Homework, it has to be done from the following page, using the student school email address: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
- Homework from old set still showing - If your child has recently changed sets, it will only change homework moving forward from the date that the class was changed on Arbor (our MIS). Old homework from the previous set will remain on the calendar and task list until it is marked as completed on the task list by the student. It takes 24 hours to change to the new class or set after it is changed on Arbor.
Important note: Students must log in with their school account. Students cannot submit homework via the parents' account. You can check which account you are logged in to by looking at the top left hand side of the screen. If logged in to the child's account, their name and profile photo will be visible.